|Date:||December 10, 2016 - December 12, 2016|
|Time:||1:00 PM to 4:00 PM 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm|
45530 Spadina Avenue, Chilliwack BC
Students and Seniors: N/A
Single men are hard to come by in 1970s West Germany. So when Karin Maynard, a government secretary, meets the handsome Markus Richter, a single man who pursues her, she can hardly believe her luck. But with Markus continually away on business, thoughts of infidelity begin to consume Karin. Is her insecurity unwarranted, or is she onto something? Based on a real program in East Germany in which men were trained and sent to develop long-term relationships with West German secretaries to determine their “perfect man,” The Romeo Initiative is half romantic comedy and half spy thriller with a tantalizing twist. Finalist for the 2012 Governor General's Literary Award for Drama
Director: Ally Schuurman
Production Dates: May 2017
Rehearsal Period: Mid January through to show time
Rehearsal Location: May rehearse in either Chilliwack or New Westminster (carpooling available)
Rehearsal Times: TBD by availability and preference of the cast and crew
Audition Location: The Guildhall
Audition Dates: 1:00 to 4:00 PM December 10th and 7:00 to 10:00 PM December 12, 2016
– One prepared monologue, not to exceed 2 minutes.
– Cold reads from provided sides.
Karin Maynard (Female) – 20-30. Shy and self conscious, a government secretary.
Markus Richter (Male) – 25-40. Charming and ordinary, a German aid worker.
Lena Hahn (Female) – 25-40. Attractive and overbearing, the constantly present mistress of Karin’s boss.
This production is the CPG entry to Theatre BC Zone Festival. Additional performance dates in July are required if accepted to compete at Mainstage. Read more about Theatre BC and Zone Festival here: http://theatrebc.org/zone-festivals/
– Please bring a résumé and a headshot to your audition.
– If cast you will be required to join the Chilliwack Players Guild and Theatre BC at the first rehearsal (if not already a member).
– This is a non-equity production.
– Actors interested in auditioning are strongly encouraged to read the play prior to auditions and familiarize themselves with the production. During the audition process, the director may ask you about your views on the characters or subject matter.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org